Given a story, students will sing and read story aloud, using age appropriate listening and following directions skills.
Given directions to brainstorm alternative endings to a phrase of the story, students must do so using writing and drawing skills to develop illustrations that corresponds to the writing.
1. Read and sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider on the projector using motions to song.
2. Recognize that the Itsy Bitsy Spider climbed up the water spout, (Make reference to lifespan of spiders learned from science lesson) So what other adventures did the Itsy Bitsy spider go on?
3. Read the Itsy Bitsy Spider by Isa Trapani. Have class use appropriate and attentive listening skills.
4. While reading recognize how the words correspond to illustrations
5. Review the many adventures the Itsy Bitsy Spider
1. Brainstorm as a class many adventures that the Itsy Bitsy spider could do instead of climbing up the water spout.
2. Show examples on powerpoint: ex: clipart of spider on a beach(The Itsy Bitsy Spider went on a trip to the beach)
3. Make note of how the words above the picture correspond to the illustration.
4. Have the Students raise their hands and give examples of what the spider could have done.
Student must read and sing song on projector using good posture and inside voices. Student must listen attentively to story and participate in class discussion. Child will use imagination to describe what the Itsy Bitsy Spider will do and fill in the remainder of the sentence using kindergarten writing skills. The picture illustrated by student must also correspond to words. Media must be used appropriately.
To adequately serve different learning types- Directions will be given verbally and examples will be shown visually. For students needing extra help directions will be given individually.